Looking back (Part 1)

Calle Crisologo, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur, Philippines 2018
Perhaps one of the most popular places in the Philippines, especially in the North, is the Ilocos Region. This region offers a whole lot of things, from art museums to adventure sports, delicious delicacies and friendly people, you name it, they have it.
This is my 3rd time to visit this city and every time I come here, I discover and learn new things. My trip here was like my other trips before. I was only able to spend a day there so I tried my best to be as productive as I could.
I went there with my colleagues and of course my buddy, Yza. It was her first time to go here. We left Tarlac at around 3:30 AM and arrived in Ilocos Sur at 6:30 AM. Our first stop was supposed to be the public market in Vigan. We planned to buy breakfast there and spend our time eating on a beach called Mindoro. Unfortunately, our driver was not familiar with this place. As we were thinking of our itinerary for the day (yes, we did not have a concrete plan), we passed by a beautiful almost secluded beach called "Suso Beach". We decided to stop by the beach to take photos of the stunning view. The water was so clear and the sand is white. There were no waves and the sea was very calm that time.
Suso Beach 2018

After taking photos, we proceeded to Vigan City proper. We ended up eating at McDonald's for breakfast. I was hungry and a bit tired from sitting for almost 5 hours on our van. I ordered Iced Latte to keep me energized for the long day ahead. The Plaza was already teeming with tourists and locals. But still, I liked the vibe of the place. My tiny tot was also excited to see carriages casually roaming around the area. 


There were so many places to go to that we could not decide which place to head to first. We went on to Calle Crisologo. The place is famous for the ancestral houses that were built during the Spanish era. The houses are still well-preserved although you may not highly appreciate it by now since a lot of establishments are there. To keep the historical aura of the place, buildings here are designed to look as if they were built during the 1800s. I even found a 7/11 convenience store that blended well with the designs surrounding it. 

You can find lots of interesting souvenirs in Calle Crisologo. Of course, most of them are the local products that are widely known in the country. I was not able to snap photos of their local dishes (I know! Sorry, I was concentrating on eating them all) but I was able to take photos of some of the souvenirs you can buy there. 
Antiques for sale

Tabacco

Basi
Klook Travel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The worth of zoos (Subic Ocean Adventure and Zoobic Safari)

Control your temper