Control your temper

I am impatient. Most people who know me personally can attest to this. I may seem quiet and cool but I always pour out my frustrations to those who understand me. Anyway, I try my very best every time. Slowly, I have learned to follow many ways on how to control my anger.

First, I acknowledge the emotion by mentioning it out loud.

"I'm starting to feel angry." 
Whenever I say this to the person I'm talking to, they automatically stop talking. This also helps me breathe and think things through. This is my ultimate secret weapon to control my anger.

It's also good to understand what makes you tick. Ask yourself what your pet peeves are. I usually dislike it when people ask for my opinion or advice just to bluntly disagree with me after. The most common pet peeve others say are actions other people do unconsciously like chewing noisily, smoking in public places, laughing out loudly, etc.

What's your pet peeve?
Once you get to know what makes you angry, you can do measures to control your emotions. For instance, doing something that you enjoy. Use this activity to release tension. Some people exercise, some write their emotions down, some shout. Although it is important to remember that these activities should be something you can readily do any time, anywhere. I once had the habit of keeping a stress ball or cube in my pocket. With this I can try to release tension whenever I feel anger building up. Recently though, I just make myself busy by reading or writing.

Lastly, use a 'timeout'. Most people react to things that they cannot control. That's perfectly normal. If the condition that you are in can be controlled in some way, by all means, react for a few minutes then breathe! Release your frustrations then start acting logically. Staying angry will NEVER solve any problem. However, if the problem is uncontrollable, give up. This may seem difficult but time will pass. This advice sounds unhelpful but it can turn out to be the best thing to do in certain situations.

My current work and my experience as a mother are what helped me slowly develop patience and understanding. I still have fits but I can manage it much better than before. If the mentioned tips above are not helpful for you, you can always research for ways online. Anyway, we all have different styles on how we tackle our own issues. You can always look for help.


Rakuten Marketing Welcome Program

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking back (Part 1)

The worth of zoos (Subic Ocean Adventure and Zoobic Safari)