New Experiments and some updates!

Online shopping has captured the hearts of millennials and try as I might avoid its temptation, I still end up getting hooked. Every now and then, I check for flash deals and other things. Even if I do not really have something in mind that I need or want to buy, I feel satisfaction whenever I browse and check the products available online.

A few weeks ago, my ever-loving hubby bought us a new phone. Since January, I couldn't use a phone to check things online because my previous phone died. I was only active online when I get to spend my free time at work surfing the internet using my PC. But now, I have a phone. Of course, I resisted the urge to download apps that were distracting me from work and actual life. However, I failed. So yeah.

Maybe some of you already know that I recently got into gardening and stuff like that. Yes, I actually looked for gardening stuff online. I enjoyed looking at the different kinds of plants and seeds I can actually order online. As a result, I bought some seeds to fulfill 2 things. One, my new found hobby and two, my curiosity. So what did I order? I bought 3 different kinds of seeds (Hydrangeas, Cherry Blossom, and Jasmine) in Shopee and the seller even gave me free seeds! Although I really don't know what seeds were those because I couldn't read the label well.


I was such a happy kiddo when these were delivered to me. Also, the seller included a piece of paper wherein instructions on how to plant weeds were written. 

To be honest, I didn't really read and follow the instructions here. Instead, I just used the technique I have been using since I started gardening -the paper towel method. 

With some paper towels, water, plastic, and marker, I started prepping for the germination process. On a counter, I carefully laid the seeds on a paper towel and covered them with more paper towel. I then sprinkled water on the paper towel and seeds being careful not to dampen the towel too much. Finally, I used plastic containers for food and wrote labels on each of them. I wrote the name of the seeds and the date when I started my experiment. For the Cherry blossom seeds, I placed them in our refrigerator (not freezer!) while the others were placed in a dry and cool place (cupboard). I'm not entirely sure how long until the germination process starts but I promised myself to check every two days. 


So, all I have to do now is wait!

Here's an update of the other plants we tried to germinate before:

Chili

Star apple

Ginger

Apple (maybe tomato?)

Orange


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Control your temper

Welcome to Aomori, Japan! (Day 1)

The worth of zoos (Subic Ocean Adventure and Zoobic Safari)